Top Ten Reasons Why FFXIV is Better than Other MMOs:
- Where else can you be a catgirl AND a ninja at the same time?
- The leve system.
- They are officially a PC. (Sorry, Macs, but we much-derided PC users get some satisfaction out of this.)
- Logs + leves + dungeons + guildhests = alternate ways to level = (almost) no grindy-feeling awful ho-hum leveling.
- Don’t like the class you rolled? Don’t start over – just SWITCH!
- Aethernet shards = much less useless running around the same old cities.
- You can ride a chocobo.
- Did you hear me? You can ride a CHOCOBO.
- Speaking of which, there’s endless Final Fantasy lore for fans, from roaming Cactuars to Warriors of Light references to the fact that my server (err, “data center”) is named for my favorite FFVIII GF. /geekout
- Bottom line, from cutscenes to weather effects to character models, this game is GORGEOUS.
Convinced? Come play with me!
|Image via Squall85 on DeviantART|